How to DIY neon signs?
Neon signs can be a great way to make a statement and stand out from the crowd. Neon signs are making a big comeback as a way to add some personality and pizzazz to your home or business. Neon signs can be expensive when bought from offline stores, but you can easily make them yourself with some simple tools and materials or just buy it from online stores. In this guide, we will show you how to make your own Neon sign in few steps.
1. Materials and Steps of making Neon signs.
You will need the following tools and materials:
- Neon light tubes
- An electrical transformer
- A glass cutter
- A drill
- A funnel
- Silicone caulk
- A clear plastic sheet
- Masking tape
- A black marker
- Create your design. You can either freehand a design or print out a template from the internet. Once you have your design, use the glass cutter to cut out the shape of your Neon sign
- Take the drill and make a hole in the center of your Neon sign. This hole will be used to insert the Neon light tube.
- Insert the Neon light tube into the hole you just drilled. If the fit is too tight, you can use a funnel to help guide the Neon light tube into place.
- Once the Neon light tube is in place, apply a generous amount of silicone caulk around the perimeter of the Neon sign. This will help to seal the Neon light tube in place.
- Take the clear plastic sheet and use it to trace out your design onto the sheet. Cut out the shape of your Neon sign from the clear plastic sheet。
- Use masking tape to attach the clear plastic sheet to the Neon sign. Make sure that the clear plastic sheet is taut and there are no wrinkles.
- Use the black marker to trace your design onto the clear plastic sheet. Once you are happy with your design, remove the masking tape and clear plastic sheet. Your Neon sign is now complete!
With more time and efforts, you can make your own Neon sign.
2. Care and Maintenance of Neon signs.
Neon signs are relatively easy to care for and maintain. In this guide, we will show you how to take care of your Neon sign and keep it looking its best for years to come.
- It is important to keep your Neon sign clean. You can do this by wiping it down with a damp cloth or using a vacuum with a soft brush attachment. Be careful not to use any harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as this can damage the sign.
- Make sure to keep your Neon sign away from direct sunlight. UV rays can damage the sign over time and cause it to fade. If you must place your Neon sign in direct sunlight, be sure to use a UV protected film or coating.
- Avoid placing your Neon sign near any heat source. Heat can cause the sign to warp or discolor. If you must place your Neon sign near a heat source, be sure to use a heat resistant film or coating.
- Be careful not to drop or hit your Neon sign. This can cause damage to the sign and potentially break the Neon tubes.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your Neon sign looking its best for years to come.
Neon signs are a fun, easy, and affordable way to add some personality to your home or business. Neon signs come in all shapes and sizes and can be made out of a variety of materials. They are typically powered by electricity, but some newer models run on batteries. Neon signs are a popular way to advertise businesses and for personal use. Neon signs can be hung on walls, placed on shelves, or even mounted on ceilings.
If you have any questions about Neon signs, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!